Friday, August 22, 2008

Early June . . .

Siena had her first dance performance on June 7th. She looked adorable in her sassy red leotard and white tutu. Getting her hair into a bun was quite a feat. I let her go without a bath for more days than I care to mention (even after swimming), used gel and hairspray, and a multitude of bobby pins (did you know they now make blond bobby pins?). Not to mention a hair net. She performed in typical 5 year old manner - cute and confused. Mike endured all the numbers before hers, watched her proudly, and then, a little too willingly, offered to take Talia out to wander the lobby. There are many more of these to come buddy!

This is me with the tutu on my head. Siena was the giggling photographer.

Next, we performed my pre-vacation ritual of getting our hair cut. Siena enjoyed it so much she decided she wanted to play cosmotologist too. Talia was a willing customer.

2 comments:

briggsy said...

I know what I am missing with boys! Hair dos & tutus! Maybe that is why I have boys. It is scary to think what kind of hair do I would produce! Siena sure was cute!

Jennette said...

So cute!! How fun. And as if you didn't already know, that girl is a knock-out. I hope that Mike already has the baseball bat to keep the many potential suitors away that are sure to come knocking in 10 years.