Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Congrats Spencer and Becca!

My baby brother Spencer got married on March 8th. He and Becca Paulson were married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. They are a really cute couple and just glowed the entire day. We're so happy for them! The whole event was a blast. It was so fun to see all the grandkids in their yellow outfits. I'd say the highlight of the reception (for us) was dancing along with the band (Spencer's friends).


I loved seeing friends and family that I haven't seen in a long time. Siena even caught the bouquet! Afterwards she said to me, "Mama, it's like a dream, a dream come true!"
Because the wedding was in Utah that meant we had to make the trek across the country (4 hour flight) with the girls. Siena was easy as pie (DVD player - best investment ever) and Talia was wild. At one point during the flight I just covered my face and said "I don't want to see you anymore!" She thought that was a great joke. I'm afraid the people around us didn't think it was so funny. She was a little better on the flight home. Here's to hoping she'll become a movie junky before we have to fly again in June.

Mike stayed the weekend but had to get back to teach classes the following Tuesday. I stayed for another week with the girls. We had a great time bowling, playing MANY games of Guess Who with Uncle Paul (the nicest uncle EVER!), trying out grandma's piano, enjoying Aunt Stinky's bed head (she's going to kill me for this one), catching up with old friends, and spending time with Duncan and Larsen family.


Due to the generosity of Christina and the grandparents I was able to go to St. George with some of my high school girlfriends for a couple of days - without the kids. Robyn, Wendi, and I ate, slept, talked, shopped, hiked, and ate some more. Wendi is pregnant so we tried to keep her morning-sick belly full of Nielsen's frozen custard, french fries, Cold Stone, and candy, candy, candy. I wasn't hungry for several days after we got back. It was so relaxing and fun. Huge thanks to Robyn's parents for letting us stay at their house. We finished our trip off with an early birthday party for Siena with some of her Larsen cousins. In true Larsen style it was total mayhem with happy kids and tasty treats.

It was hard to say goodbye to gorgeous Utah but it was nice to get back to Mike and our beds.

6 comments:

Mindi said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I love the pic of Mike at the wedding with no tie. (And the naked Talia bum you slipped in there)

Turia said...

I so wanted to see you guys! I was a putz and was all ready to go to the reception (literallly... getting kids ready to get into the car) and I looked at the invitation again and noticed it ended 3 hours earlier!
I'm such a dork! Why didn't I look at the time before getting all dressed up?
Hope you guys had fun. Missed ya

briggsy said...

Karen-
Nothing like getting a bang for your buck! It looks like you had a great visit! Your kids are so cute! I wish I could have made the St. George trip. I'm looking forward to Costa Rica!

Susan said...

Dang you Mindi! I was just coming to comment on Mike's tielessness!

Karen said...

You guys are hilarious with the tie comments. My brothers called it a "wedding of miracles" for two reasons. First, Mike wore a tie through the temple and up until after the last official picture was taken. The second was that Mike sang TWICE while we played Rock Band at my brother's place the night before the wedding and, in Scotty's words, he was actually GOOD! Miracles do happen.

Karen said...

Don't worry, I'm sure he's saving the Running Man Miracle for Berkeley this summer.