During a long shower yesterday, I composed a post (in my head) about how great it is to shower with Talia. She is terrified of the bath lately and will tolerate a shower if I take it with her. We're lucky enough to have a larger than normal bathtub/shower in our master bathroom so it works out nicely. I get to kill (or bathe) two birds with one stone. I also get to see her cute little bum (what's cuter than a wet baby?!) as she wanders around the shower busy with whatever "project" she has come up with the shampoo bottles and bath toys I've brought in. I don't have to worry about what she might be destroying around the house as I shower so I can indulge myself with longer than normal time under the relaxing warm water.
These are all the reasons I was I thinking up until I heard a little grunting sound. You might imagine my dismay as I looked down to see that she had pooped right there in MY bathtub. She's done this in her bathtub and it didn't seem to bother me that much - you kind of expect kids' bathtubs to be pooped in once in a while. There seems to be something sacred about my tub though and she had defiled it!
All I could think, as I made some naked mad dashes between the shower and the toilet, was that I wished I hadn't given her so much to eat for dinner the night before (sorry for the visual), why do we have such a large mirror right there? (again, sorry for the visual), and GOOD GRIEF! Being a mom is so awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
All I can say is Aaaaccccckkk!
I wish I could relate... okay, not really... Great story, though ;)
What makes kids poop when their bum gets wet anyway? It's crazy.
I'm with you... so much easier just to all get in the shower. It saves a lot of time and a lot of extra clean up (well.. in your case, I guess not!)
I had a very similar experience the other day. I was in the bath with Lewis when that familiar grunting started. I hopped right out and tried damage control (i.e. trying to scoop out the poop before he could pick it up, which is what he was trying to do).
Hi Karen! That happened to me last night--eeeew. I'm glad I found your blog, you guys are awesome. --Becca Stevenson
mattandbecca.blogspot.com
I love showering with Ellie. We've had a poop incident or two as well...ick!! Glad that hasn't happened to us in a couple years. We still shower together frequently. There's something so sweet and lovely about holding a snuggly, warm, naked baby (or toddler). :-) When they're not pooping, that is.
I found your blog through Mindy Hymas'. I love all your latest birthday/wedding pictures. It looks like you guys are doing good and staying busy! I actually posted something about this post on my blog because I just had a similar experience. Oh, the joys of being a mom! :) I really do love it though. It is great to see what you are up to lately. Take care!
Post a Comment