Here are the girls in their super pink outfits (go right ahead and tease me Devin). Thanks to the grandparents for the great v-day packages! We loved the candy, books, and clothes. One of the few perks of living away from family is the excitement of receiving a package in the mail. It's silly, but even I enjoy it immensely.
Give said the little stream, give oh give, give oh give
Give said the little stream as it hurried down the hill.
I'm small I know but wherever I go the grass grows greener still
Singing, singing all the day, give away oh give away
Singing, singing all the day, give oh give away
On Monday she requested it again and after we sang it she said, "Why do we always have to give Seth (her cousin) the string? I want to the have the string." It took me a minute to figure out that, for all this time, she has thought the song went "Give Seth the little string." It made us laugh and laugh. It's good to know that I've passed on my gift of hearing and continually singing the wrong words to songs.

6 comments:
Because you made heart shaped pancakes today I couldn't be outdone on the super mom quest....we had heart shaped pizza for dinner! The kids loved it. I should do things like that more often. It's easy and it makes them smile.
Devin appreciates the shout-out. He'd love some more! ;)
I attempted pink heart shaped pancakes on Valentine's morning too, but they ended up looking more like Mickey Mouse heads! What's the secret to getting the shape so precise, Karen? And oh for the days when kids said cute things like that! Naomi and Isabel are mostly grown out of that stage by now :( At six and nine they constantly amaze me with their observations about their world, it's just usually more astute than cute!
Hey, Karen. Cute cookies. I was VERY lazy this year and didn't do anything for anyone in my family! Riley is on nights right now, so he was gone anyway, and the girls got enough junk from school. Your posts are so cute...notice how we have the same backgrounds on our blog. My friend did it for me last weekend. I am so happy to not have plain colors anymore! You guys need to tell us about Charlotte...do you like it there? When Riley finishes residency, that is a place we would like to look into...
We had heart shaped hamburgers! :) I never thought of pancakes or pizza. You ladies are so creative! Your girls are adorable!
Hi, Karen! I just followed a link here from Mindy's blog. You just reminded me of something I forgot to blog (so you're hearing it here first): Mabel told me the other day that she'd always thought the 2nd verse of "I Am a Child of God," which says, "And so my needs are great," said "And so my knees are grey." So then a couple days later I was singing it with Rose, and I wondered if she'd thought something similar, so I said, "Are your needs great?" and she pointed to her knees and said, "Yup, my knees are great!"
Your Valentine pancakes look delicious. And your girls are pretty in pink. :)
What a crafty girl you are with your pancakes!!
I can't believe how much Siena looks like you! Your girls are so cute.
Love the blog.
Post a Comment