It's official. I'm one of those super proud, loud cheerin', bumper sticker sportin', minivan drivin' (not really but just thought I'd throw it in there for effect), orange slicin', Soccer Moms. Siena had her first practice today and I had so much fun watching her on the field. She had a blast too. She worked really hard and wanted to practice more when we got home. Her coaches are great and definitely know their audience. I heard them using princess references during some of the drills. She plays soccer like her mom plays ultimate frisbee - lots of yelling and laughing. Hopefully she's more coordinated. Poor Talia was dying to get on the field with her sister and darted after every stray ball. We're all excited for Siena's game tomorrow.
Go Green Butterflies!
* team name chosen by team members via democratic vote. 4 for, 2 against, and one abstained by picking her nose. Green Grasshoppers and Green Lizards (parent suggestions) did not receive enough votes to be statistically significant.
9 comments:
That is so fun! I signed Isabelle up...starts in May and I can't wait. Siena is so cute and those are great pictures!
funny how girls and boys are different. Kaden is on a soccer team right now and their name is "Ninja Turtles"... nothing cute like green butterflies!
I love yummy orange slices!! I am surprised that grass in NC isn't green yet or is it just that field?
I'm so excited for Siena and you! We just started T-ball. Devin is coaching....I'll let you know how it goes! ;)
I wanted to sign N up for T-ball but he missed the b-day cutoff. Siena will have to show off her skillz when you come visit.
So cute! She looks like she is having a ball (like my play on words?)!
I am a soccer mom, too! Patrick just started two weeks ago.....not very coordinated (bad genes on both sides), but trying VERY hard while having an awesome time. Looks like a little hottie in his uniform! GO COBRAS! (and GREEN BUTTERFLIES!).
I want to know what bumper sticker you are sporting! I agree that being a soccer mom rocks!
I thought that I had left a comment before....but I guess it didn't take. Anywayzzzz, that Siena looks awesome. We signed up Olivia (and just fudged her b-date, Mindi, because we're evil), and she is loving it. However, at the last practice she spent most of the scrimage time just twirling in the middle of the field.
Post a Comment