Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring Break Adventures

During Siena's spring break from preschool we took advantage of our free time and went on a few adventures. We drove down to South Carolina to visit Greenville and their fun zoo with the Burton family and enjoyed the beautiful southern sunshine on a hike in the woods. And, yes, Siena is wearing the same shirt in both sets of pictures - I'm just that lazy and have no desire to fight over clothes with her.


Talia really liked the zoo and was VERY excited about all the animals. I loved watching how amazed she was by the giraffes in particular. I kept trying to imagine what it would be like to be see these animals for (essentially) the first time (no zoo in Charlotte so this was her first time since we left Berkeley). Siena had a blast running around with Anne and James.

The Greenville Zoo is great because it's just the right size for young kids (not too big) and it has a playground in the middle for when they're tired of walking from exhibit to exhibit.



Hiking with the girls was a lesson in recognizing all that nature has to offer. They were so enthusiastic about everything from the water running in the creek to the butterflies on the flowers. It was good to get my "city" girls out in the wild!


7 comments:

Mindi said...

So cute! And I'm glad Talia's growing some more up on top.

Jennette said...

That all looks so fun!! Cute kids and good times.

Zina said...

That's so fun. I love Talia's hairstyle.

Mabel is our nature lover; we have to stop and take note of every bug, and recently when we went to a Provo park she remembered the names she had given the trees the last time we were there, several months earlier. She also calls the fruit trees in our front yard by their given names (Alicia and George.)

Karen said...

We call Talia's hairstyle the Pineapple Look. It doesn't matter how much I comb it or how much water I squirt on it it still sticks up like crazy. It fits well with her crazy personality, don't you think?!

Jenn S said...

Very cute photos and what a fun day! Your girls are adorable!

briggsy said...

Your girls not only look opposite, but sound like they are opposite in personality! Talia looks so cute in these pictures! Siena is Miss Perfect Poser & then there is Talia. Classic!

Susan said...

I love those girls!