Monday, May 19, 2008

All Things Kindergarten . . .

We've been doing a lot to prepare for kindergarten lately. First we went to Beginner's Day at Siena's new school. The kids got to see a program by current kindergarteners complete with singing, actions, and costumes. Then we broke up into groups and the kids had milk and cookies, heard a story, made a craft, and got to board the bus while the parents discussed with the teachers all the details of the first year of school. Siena had a great time and I was, of course, on the verge of tears the whole time. I'm sure I'll be a mess on the first day of school.
Next she got the dreaded last set of immunizations that are required for public school. We talked and talked about trying to be brave and that it would only hurt for a minute. She did really well for the first two but lost it completely for the last two. My ears are still ringing.

I've since filled out a huge pile of paper work and signed myself (and Mike) up for several jobs on the PTA. Here we come Eastover Elementary!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm glad you finally posted something(s) else! I was tired of looking at that bum cake!

I can't believe all the stuff for the school to welcome kindergarteners. Our school district is like, "Give us your paperwork and get out of here. Oh, and if you don't live in the district we'll hunt you down and kick you out!"

briggsy said...

It is hard to believe that when the time comes, I will actually be sad when McKray goes to school. Right now, it seems like a dream so far away. Not that I don't love the kid, but it gets hard entertaining him all day. Then again, he hasn't even started pre-school. Sounds like quite the process to get them started. Holy cow!