Friday, August 22, 2008

Extreme Neglect

THREE MONTHS! It's been 3 months since I last posted. Growing up, I started a gazillion diaries and would faithfully write down every excrutiating detail of my life. For example, "Mitch is so hot. He wore this rad pink and turquoise Quicksilver shirt to school today." And then, like other projects I've attempted in my life (i.e. crocheting a blanket for then-boyfriend-now-husband, etc.), I'd get busy/lazy and neglect said diary. Then I'd feel like too much time had gone by (I'd moved on to Ryan, or Jason, or Mike being the hot ones. What am I saying? Mitch was always hot.) to start it up again. But I'm older now. Three months is not too long to repent and return to writing down every excrutiating detail of my life - or just the highlights. So I'm back. I'm ready to chronicle our summer and hopefully some of you out there haven't given up on us. If you have, I completely understand.

4 comments:

briggsy said...

Oh, you described me! My journal to this day doesn't know I turned 16, let alone mission, college, marriage, kids! My blog is my attempt to be better & not give up so easily as well.

Zina said...

I seem to only get blogging done when I am procrastinating something else -- and for as much as I post, it is usually the trivial stuff. (This spring/summer I never blogged about Mabel's baptism, most of our DC vacation, the kids' birthdays, etc.) I think I am going to stick with my slothful ways though since they are (kind of) working for me.

Anyway, glad to see you back -- now I'll go see the rest of your new posts.

Sean and Laura said...

What a great post. I loved reading about your vacation. Well worth the wait!

Mindi said...

If we'd given up on you, we wouldn't be reading a post titled "Extreme Neglect."