Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ummmmmm . . . .

The other day, sort of out of the blue, Siena asked me what flying insects do or where they go during a strong wind storm. I didn't have an answer for her. Do you?

3 comments:

Zina said...

I don't know -- maybe they get in the cracks of tree bark or down on the ground amongst the blades of grass, and hang on for dear life?

We had a windstorm the other night that was so fierce I couldn't sleep through it, and the next morning I was surprised it hadn't blown all the trees down. Maybe it sounded worse to Dean and me since it was blowing south and we're on the north end of the house -- the kids didn't wake up at all.

briggsy said...

It is like a day at the amusement park for them on windy days! They get to do loopty-loops through the air! How's that for a quess?

M-L said...

Have her watch 'Microcosm' it is an amazing and entertaining look into insects' lives that my children love.